Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sewing Machine Cover

I love Pinterest and while searching and pinning I ran across several pictures of sewing machine covers.  I loved them....it was just what I wanted.  Since I had just made the strip quilt for my granddaughter I decided to make a sewing machine cover using the strips.  I didn't really follow a pattern.  The first thing I did was measure my machine to decided how wide to make it.  Then the hunt for fabric started. 


These are the fabrics I selected!  I am not sure who makes the fabric, it was before I started looking at that, but I am leaning to Riley Blake.  It seems like every time I love a fabric it has been Riley Blake!
 
I then cut, pieced the strip and quilted it along the strips.  I sewed ribbon on to the sides for closure and I got very adventursome, I put ric rac in the binding.  I did alright on it, but I learned alot from attempting it.  Hopefully next time it will be better!
 
 
I want to make a mat for my machine to set on.  Haven't started it yet since I am working on another quilt for a different granddaughter.  I have the material though! 
 
I feel very greatful sitting in my house with only a little rain outside.  I pray the people out east will stay safe and warm with all the blizzard warnings outside. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment