Friday, February 1, 2013

My Boomer Life

Welcome to my new blog. I'm 61 years old, I have a wonderful husband, 2 wonderful grown sons, 1 daughter-in-law,one significant other, three terrific grandchildren and one adorable granddog! I thought I would jump into the blogging sphere to share my thoughts as a boomer and retired woman. I have just recently retired and will be posting about some of my new found hobbies, quilting, cardmaking, & scrapbooking.  Travel is another subject I love, but don't get to travel all that much.  I did just get back from DisneyWorld!  It was a wonderful trip and I was lucky enough to be there when the new Fantasyland opened.  I even got to have lunch at the new "Be Our Guest Restaurant."  The food was beautiful, the food was excellent and in the Disney tradiiton, the service was spectacular!

This is the entrance to "Be Our Guest."  The restaurant is booked through April (and that was when I was there at the beginning of December!)  If you want to eat there, go for lunch.  Show up early!!!  Get in line about 10:45.  The line moves quickly and the restaurant is so worth the wait!

The Rose!
 
While waiting in line you are in this hall that has these knights lined up.  There are also stands with the digital menus for you to look at.  Tip:  Pick out what you want while you are waiting in line!  Once you have ordered they will give you an electronic rose.  Just go find a seat of your choosing from the three halls, the servers will bring your food to you buy the location on your electronic rose.  It is self serve for your beverages.  My lunch was wonderful.  The turkey sandwich is hand carved turkey!
 

 
 This is the main hall.  I am not the best of photographers so please excuse the pic.  This room was huge and wonderful!  You can't see it, but there was snow falling outside the windows.
 
 
The Beauty and the Beast statue is the center of the second room.
 
 
This is the "Rose Room."  It is very dark with a large fireplace.  The Rose is absolutely beautiful.
 
 
On the way out is a beautiful stained class window of Beauty and the Beast.  Of course, you can stand by it and take pictures. 
 
 
Stay tuned for more pics about my Christmas Disney trip and my first "basic" quilt I made for my younges granddaughter for Christmas!!!!
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment